If you would like to promote your event or activity here, please fill in the form on our contact page
- This event has passed.
CYCLE MAINTENANCE TRAINING – LOW HALL DEPOT
20 August 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFREE
Cycle Maintenance Course
20 August - Low Hall Depot, Leyton
If you want to cycle more but don’t know how to fix those tyre punctures, our regular bike maintenance workshops are available to help you get to grips with keeping your bike roadworthy.
Our cycle maintenance courses are free and open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Waltham Forest, and provided through our training partner Cycle Confident. All tools are provided for the session, but we do ask that you bring your own bike to work on.
The course covers:
- Roadside puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
- M-check (making sure major components are safe and roadworthy, making minor adjustments)
- Removal and refitting of brake blocks, balancing brake callipers
- Principles of basic gear adjustment
- Checking chain tension
- Preventative care, e.g. how to clean and lubricate parts of the bike
To sign up, visit www.cycleconfident.com/sponsors/waltham-forest/