May is national walking month and we are encouraging people to take part in a walking challenge for the month challenge, to step out for 20 minutes every day.
The benefits of walking are plenty, just to name a few:
- Walking 20 minutes to the shops or work and back four days a week can help you lose one pound a month. It also reduces the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
- Walking can help boost self-esteem, mood, self-perception, sleep quality and energy
- Walking journeys of under two miles would significantly reduce carbon emissions, congestion and improve air quality.
Why try these this month:
- Take part in one of the listed walks below
- Go for a stroll with a friend, rather than a coffee
- Every time your walk instead of get the bus or drive a car, put the money you have saved into a jar and treat yourself at the end of the month.
Whatever you do #WalkThisMay.
|Lloyd Park Women’s Walk||Mondays at 10am
|Lloyd Park café, Aveling Centre, Forest Road, Walthamstow, E17|
|YMCA community Walk||Mondays at 1.30pm
|YMCA Café, 642 Forest Rd, Walthamstow, London E17 3EF|
|Feel Good Walk Chingford||Tuesdays at 11am
|Ridgeway Park Tennis Hub, Chingford, E4 6XU|
|Feel Good Walk Leyton||Wednesdays at 11am
|KukooLaLa Cafe, Leyton Jubilee park E10 7BL|
|Feel Good Walk Leytonstone||Thursdays at 11am
|Lakeside Diner, Hollow Ponds E11 1NP|