Community Walking and Cycling Fund
As part of the Enjoy Waltham Forest programme, in 2019 Waltham Forest Council launched a £20,000 fund for local community projects that aim to encourage residents to be more active.
The aim of the fund is to develop and support the work of community groups to reach more residents than the Council would ordinarily be able to, and to ensure as many people as possible enjoy the benefits of walking and cycling. These projects look to to build stronger communities, promote sustainable transport options and support healthier lifestyles among our residents, alongside helping to tackle social isolation and loneliness.
10 community groups received up to £2,500 in March 2019 to deliver projects across Waltham Forest. These were;
- CarryMe Bikes - Baby Biking
- Higham Hill COG - BMX for All
- Go Further Cycling - Epping Forest E-Bike Adventures
- London Playing Fields Foundation - Green Hearts
- Salaam Peace - Bike and Gym
- Queens Boundary Community - Markhouse Walk and Ride About
- Waltham Forest Thamil Sangam
- Walk and Talk for Your Life
- Cycle Sisters - Weekend Guided Cycle Rides
The projects that will be supported by the 2020 Community Walking and Cycling Fund will be announced in January 2020.