Community Walking and Cycling Fund
As part of the Enjoy Waltham Forest programme, in 2019 Waltham Forest Council launched a £20,000 fund for local community projects that aim to encourage residents to be more active.
The aim of the fund is to develop and support the work of community groups to reach more residents than the Council would ordinarily be able to, and to ensure as many people as possible enjoy the benefits of walking and cycling. These projects look to to build stronger communities, promote sustainable transport options and support healthier lifestyles among our residents, alongside helping to tackle social isolation and loneliness.
10 community groups received up to £2,500 in March 2019 to deliver projects across Waltham Forest. These were;
- CarryMe Bikes - Baby Biking
- Higham Hill COG - BMX for All
- Go Further Cycling - Epping Forest E-Bike Adventures
- London Playing Fields Foundation - Green Hearts
- Salaam Peace - Bike and Gym
- Queens Boundary Community - Markhouse Walk and Ride About
- Waltham Forest Thamil Sangam
- Walk and Talk for Your Life
- Cycle Sisters - Weekend Guided Cycle Rides
2020 fund applications
Due to the success of the projects in 2019, a new fund of £20,000 is now open for applications for projects to commence in spring 2020. Organisations can bid for up to £2,500 of funding from the Community Walking and Cycling Fund to deliver their projects.
If you would like to talk to the team about your ideas, please come along to one of our drop-in sessions which are being held on Friday 8 November (10am-12pm) and Thursday 14 November (5pm-7pm) in Reception Room G, Waltham Forest Town Hall, or alternatively email email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Friday 29 November 2019 at 5pm.