Update on Events and COVID-19
To enforce social distancing and reduce the spread of coronavirus the Enjoy Programme will not be running events until further notice.
If you have any questions about the Enjoy programme, please feel free to email the team.
- This event has passed.
Cycle Maintenance Course
8 August 2015 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
**PLEASE NOTE - this course is now fully booked and a reserve list is in operation. If you wish to be placed on the reserve list please use the contact details below **
Cycle Maintenance Course - Beginners
If you want to cycle more but don’t know how to fix those pesky tyre punctures, our regular bike maintenance workshops are available to help you get to grips with keeping your bike in top nick.
Our cycle maintenance courses are free and open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Waltham Forest, and provided through our training partner BikeWorks. Two course levels are available and all tools are provided, but we do ask that you bring your own bike to work on.
LEVEL 1 – BEGINNER
The level one course includes:
- Roadside puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
- M-check (making sure major components are safe and roadworthy, making minor adjustments)
- Removal and refitting of brake blocks, balancing brake callipers
- Principles of basic gear adjustment
- Checking chain tension
- Preventative care, e.g. how to clean and lubricate parts of the bike.