If you would like to promote your event or activity here, please fill in the form on our contact page
- This event has passed.
Cycle Maintenance Course
16 August 2015 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Cycle Maintenance Course - Intermediate
**LIMITED PLACES STILL AVAILABLE**
If you want to cycle more but don’t know how to fix those pesky tyre punctures, our regular bike maintenance workshops are available to help you get to grips with keeping your bike in top nick.
Our cycle maintenance courses are free and open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Waltham Forest, and provided through our training partner BikeWorks. Two course levels are available and all tools are provided, but we do ask that you bring your own bike to work on.
LEVEL 2- INTERMEDIATE
Participants must be confident in all aspects of a level 1 course, or have undertaken the level 1 before taking the intermediate course.
The level two course includes:
- Removal and refitting of brake cables
- Reconnecting and setting up new brakes
- Removal and refitting of gear cables
- Limit stop screw demonstration
- Principles of adjusting front derailleur
- Wheel truing – demonstration and practical application.