About Church Road
The Church Road scheme will form part of the Mini-Holland Leyton to Blackhorse Road cycling and walking route, providing good links to Lea Bridge Road E10, Orient Way E10 and Ruckholt Road E10.
The Mini-Holland cycling and walking routes will connect the borough’s town centres: Chingford, Highams Park, Leytonstone, Leyton and Walthamstow, whilst improving junctions, roads, cycle lanes, bus stops and public spaces.
Church Road runs between Lea Bridge Road and High Road Leyton in the south of the borough and is used by up to 12,500 vehicles and 550 cyclists daily.
The Church Road scheme aims to:
- Improve the look, feel and safety of the area for all road users
- Improve access to other areas in the borough and local amenities
- Encourage more residents and visitors to walk and cycle in the area
- Create a quick, direct cycle route between Markhouse Junction and Leyton
- Increase access to Leyton Jubilee Park.